In an occurrence of a car accident please use the following helpful tips
Secure your safety first and then the passengers safety.
Turning on your flashers and putting up warning triangles well in front of the accident, will help to warn other drivers.
At the scene of the accident
Only when other motor vehicles are involved in the accident, you will need then to call an expert to establish each car liability. Therefore it is essential not to move the car from the scene of the accident, unless your car is in the middle of the roadway which can be very dangerous, so instead closely park at the roadside.
Dealing with the car accident expert
Take only North Assurance list of experts and call the nearest expert. The list of experts and their respective phone numbers is always found attached to the car insurance policy
The expert will need your:
• Driver’s license
• Car registration paper
• Car insurance policy
Dealing with the other parties
Check if the other party also has a car insurance policy. If not try to get the following details:
• Personal info: Full name, address and phone numbers. Please remember that the owner (i.e. the insured) might not be the driver so you need to get both the car owner and the driver information
• Vehicle info: Make, model and registration number
At all times
• Keep calm at all times in order to better handle the situation
• Refuse to accept any roadside settlements. Often damage can be hidden and much greater than originally expected.
• Beware of accident scams. Some thieves will pretend to have an accident by bumping the rear of your car on an empty road. When you get out of the car to investigate, they might steal your car.
• Don't admit fault to anyone since you might be wrong
• Never discuss how the auto accident happened only with the expert if asked, since you don't want other drivers' versions of the car accident to influence yours